It’s always a good idea to keep your eye on neighboring states…
Courtesy of TWRA Website 6/16/2013
- Crockett County was moved from Unit A to Unit L for white-tail deer hunting.
- Number of antlerless deer hunts will increase in Anderson, Bledsoe, Bradley, Carter (excludes Cherokee WMA), Hamilton, McMinn, Rhea, Roane, Sequatchie, and Sullivan (excludes Cherokee WMA) counties.
- Outside of deer season, red deer may be taken after requesting a free permit from the Region IV office. No limit, either sex. Red deer may also be taken by legal deer hunters during deer seasons without a permit.
- Monroe and Polk County’s bear hunting dates were changed so they match the seasons on the South Cherokee WMA.
- The November bear season dates were moved to Nov. 23–26 to prevent overlap of still and dog hunts which have resulted in a net loss of days.
- Changed fall turkey bag limit in Carroll and Weakley counties from one to three.
- Changed fall turkey bag limit in Lawrence, Giles, and Wayne counties from…
View original post 63 more words